19 January 2013

BCN: Nearly One Million March for Marriage in Paris | NOM Blog

BCN: Nearly One Million March for Marriage in Paris | NOM Blog Please click on link to read the story


You know, I'm surprised. I've taken it for granted that Europe is so much more 'sophisticated' (less Christian) than we in America are, that I assumed that they wouldn't have much trouble trading in traditional marriage for oh-so-new marry-who-or-what-you-want marriage.

But protests for traditional marriage were astounding. And much of it is for the sake of the children. Surprising since the one thing demographically dying Europe doesn't seem to have as a priority is children.

Studies show that children are better off in homes with a man and woman as the heads of it. As a gay person, this fact doesn't thrill me (but then, facts are not there to thrill me). But as a woman, I'm glad to know that the woman part of a male-female couple is not disposable, that a man can't trade in his wife for another man and expect everything to be the same. Women are too important to be done without--- as are men.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Uplifting and charitable comments are published.